MAVLI’s AGM will take place on Saturday, March 19th in room F205 at Red River College, 2055 Notre Dame Ave. Registration will begin at 9:00am and the meeting will be held from 9:30am – 4:00pm.
We have many special plans for the day!
- Our raffle fundraiser draw will take place at 11:00am in The Cave at the RRC campus. Good luck to all who have purchased tickets!
- MAVLI is excited to be supporting interpreters who have joined our field in recent years including those that will be graduating this year (2011-2016). We will be having an AVLIC 2016 conference ticket giveaway at the AGM (retail value $425)! The conference is from July 12 – 17th in Fredericton, NB. Eligible and interested interpreters are asked to submit their names to firstname.lastname@example.org for the draw. ***Please note the ticket is non-transferable. If there are no interested interpreters in the 2011-2016 category, the draw will then be open to all MAVLI members at the AGM. Interpreters would be responsible for their own accommodations and transportation to and from the conference.
- A free lunch will be provided and you will be able to sign-up in the morning for the type of pizza you would like (gluten-free pizza will also be available).
- Baked goods will be available for purchase, $3 for as much as you would like and all monies raised will go to support AVLIC 2016.
- As some of you may be aware, the Bylaw Ad-hoc Committee has been working on revising our current bylaws. MAVLI will be presenting the new bylaws to the membership for ratification at the AGM. All of the proposed bylaw motions are included in the AGM package. ***Please note that all additional motions or amendments to the motions (for the bylaws), must be submitted to email@example.com by March 14th, 2016. No new motions pertaining to the bylaws will be accepted from the floor.
Please find attached a copy of the AGM package and the bylaw documents. If you are unable to attend, please ensure that you fill out a proxy form which can be found on our website here or a paper copy is available in the AGM package.