JOB NOTICE: ASL INTERPRETER
Winnipeg Jewish Theatre (WJT) requires two ASL interpreters to work on its upcoming production of Tribes by Nina Raine.
Contract dates: September 25 – October 29, 2017
Fee: $7000 per interpreter ($1400/wk)
Closing date is April 15, 2017
See below for more information
Canadian Administrator of VRS (CAV), Inc. – Ottawa, ON
Reporting to the Executive Director of CAV, Inc., CAV is looking for a dynamic, highly competent and passionate Executive Assistant to join their team. In this role you will be supporting the Executive Director of CAV, Inc. by providing office management and administrative support. CAV is currently seeking an individual who is proficient in American Sign Language, has experience in the telecommunications industry and/or has a background in serving in an Executive Assistant role. This newly created position will allow you to further define the role and responsibilities in conjunction with the Executive Director.
CAV is a not-for-profit corporation that has been mandated by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to design, implement and oversee the delivery of video relay service (VRS) in Canada. VRS provides telephone calling for sign language users by allowing sign language users to connect by a video link to a sign language interpreter who will provide real-time interpretation of telephone conversations. CAV and its Board of Directors are directly responsible for designing, implementing and promoting its new VRS solution called SRV Canada VRS that will provide service to customers in both American Sign Language (ASL) and Langue des signes québécoise (LSQ).
- Working in a not-for-profit corporation with a highly professional and engaged Staff and Board of Directors
- Writing and editing reports, presentations, customer and other correspondence including CRTC filings
- Meeting, greeting and caring for VIPs and Deaf visitors (with sign language in either ASL/LSQ is highly desired)
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office; calendar and meetings management, making travel arrangements and leading special projects
- Supporting Board meetings; managing the logistics to support the meeting, preparing and distributing meeting materials and other aspects required
- Creating and maintaining files and records, e.g. healthcare and insurance plans, etc.
Candidates should have experience that includes:
- Prior Executive Assistant experience (3 years+ would be ideal)
- Experience in the telecommunications field and/or with managing CRTC reports, consultations and filings would be a plus
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Managing vendor contracts and invoices
- Great communication skills, verbal and written
- Sign Language Interpreting, preferably with an active AVLIC membership
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with short deadlines
- Detail oriented, organized and able to work with shifting priorities
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree preferred
This position will be located in Ottawa, ON and will require some travel.
All interested candidates are invited to submit their current CV and cover letter to Sue Decker, Executive Director of CAV by August 15, 2016 .
Job Type: Full-time