- The Magic of ASL evening is planned for next Wednesday, May 18th from 7:00 – 10:00pm at DCM in the theatre. There will be ASL performances, skits, poetry, etc, interspersed with video footage of previous Magic of ASL performances. It is sure to be a wonderful opportunity to bring our community together for an evening of celebration. If you could help us by spreading the word we would appreciate it. (click to watch video)
- Please join us in congratulating Danica Loewen who was awarded the MAVLI Student Achievement Award.
- MAVLI has recently added a new director to our board, we now have an official Webmaster, Arleen An who has been in the role on an informal basis since last year will continue to help us with our technical website development.
- We are currently seeking volunteers to join the board, Libby Smith who was our Public Relations Chair has recently stepped down. We are so grateful for all the work she has done for MAVLI over the last few years. Thank you Libby. If you are interested in the Public Relations Portfolio or in revamping our Newsletter portfolio, please contact Tania at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to have you on board!
- The fundraising committee is looking for ideas, if you are aware of an opportunity for a fundraising initiative, please contact email@example.com.
- Please note that our meetings are open to all members and if you would like to join us, the next meeting will take place on June 13th from 6:00 – 7:00pm at DCM in the Affleck room. Also, if you would like a copy of our minutes, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Here is one for the old timers (is that politically correct?) some of you may remember the scavenger hunts that MAVLI would host in years gone by. We were lucky enough to find an old “trophy” (toilet seat award) for the years from 1987-1992. If any one can remember the winners from the year 1990, you can be the lucky owner of a toilet seat award!!
Hello members! The date for the 2016 Annual General Meeting has been set.
Saturday March 19th 2016.
Mark your calendars. Details and proxy registration to come.
Reminder: The MAVLI AGM is tomorrow. Free lunch will be provided!
Manitoba Association of Visual Language Interpreters, in partnership with Manitoba Education, invites interpreters, signers, AEIP/DSP students, parents, teachers, and others to attend our SAGE Day activities on Friday, October 24th at the Manitoba School for the Deaf.
Please click on the link below for more information and to register.
If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com.
Co-Chair, MAVLI Education Committee
Hello MAVLI members!
The year has quickly come to an end and this past year’s AGM will be here before we know it! Please take note of the following information regarding the upcoming annual general meeting:
Date: Saturday, March 16th
Time: 9:00 am
Location: Red River College, F205
2013 MAVLI AGM Package
It is also never too early to start thinking about getting involved with the MAVLI board. Information regarding positions up for nominations are listed below! If you are already interested but not sure as to how to get involved, please feel free to contact any member of the board. Nominations are welcome up to and including the entirety of the AGM.
Positions up for Nomination:
|President||2013 – 2015|
|Treasurer||2013 – 2015|
|Fundraising||2013 – 2015|
|Newsletter||2013 – 2015|
|MEC||2013 – 2015|